Sponsored Blog Post - Coffee Beanery
As most of the country continues to work from home we have discovered there are a few perks but drawback certainly has its perks however there are a few drawbacks to it as well. For starters, you’re probably sick of Zoom meetings. Oh sure it sounded like a great idea in the beginning but now after sitting in on what feels like your one millionth team meeting, you’ve given up on sharing your video completely. Then there’s the lack of boundaries. Working 8-5 in the office was standard and a 40-hour workweek was expected, but now your workweek has expanded to 60 hours as your supervisor or co-workers continue to communicate with you after hours!
And as if things couldn’t get any worse, you haven’t had a decent cup of coffee in months. Am I right? I bet that highly desired quick trip to your favorite coffee hub to grab your the morning dose of caffeine before you had to officially clock in has been sorely missed. Well, worry no more because I’m going to share with you a simple way to make your day a little easier with a posh café latte to help you scratch your bougie coffee itch all without using an espresso machine.
Here is a list of what you will need:
1/3 cup of your favorite coffee (strongly brewed)
1/2 cup of milk
Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg or cocoa powder to garnish
1 Mason jar or glass coffee cup
1 Wide shallow coffee cup
1) Brew the coffee of your choice. A good go to is Coffee Beanery, a small, woman owned and family operated business in Flushing, Michigan. The quality and taste of their product is amazing. You want to attempt to make this coffee fairly strong so that it mimics the bold taste of an expresso. Set this to the side.
2) Froth your milk. If you have an electric frother you may use that but if not, pour the milk into the Mason jar and tighten the lid. Once properly secured, shake the jar
repeatedly for 60 seconds or until you can visibly see a large volume of milk foam.
3) It’s time to warm your milk. Remove the lid and place the jar in the microwave for 30 –
4) Pour your brewed coffee in your mug. Using a spoon, hold back the milk foam as you
pour the warm milk into your mug.
5) Finally, the fun part. Top your coffee with the milk foam, sprinkle the garnish of your
choice on top and enjoy.
For a more posh coffee house feel, try adding a teaspoon of your favorite flavored syrup to your warm milk and coffee just before topping with the milk froth.
Go to our instagram page to enter to win a Specialty Coffee Gift Basket from Coffee Beanery. Visit our Instagram for details on how to enter. Contest ends 10/9/20 and winner will be announced on 10/10/20.